You have always loved tinkering, developing and constructing things, you are looking at technical drawings and you are excited when your designs come to life? Then try yourself and your passion as a creative creator at our transformers of the future.
You will learn to design and construct components, assemblies or complete plants after customers wishes. You normally complete detailed design plans on the computer using 2D and 3D-CAD systems in cooperation with the Engineering Department, for example for redesign or modernization of machine tools.
In their drawings, Technical Product Designers (m/f/d) specializing in mechanical and plant engineering ensure that these can be implemented taking account of the quality standards and in an economically efficient manner. Furthermore, you will draw up assembly plans and part lists together with spare parts lists for production. You will update product documentations, manage the various development versions and create data backups.
In the scope of the training, the contents communicated include:
- creating drafts and sketches
- developing, designing, configuring and presenting components, modules and plants using 3D-CAD systems in a functional and assembly-oriented fashion selecting suitable materials, semi-finished products and standard components and taking customers' requirements into account
- performing all the required calculations, taking the fundamentals of control and electrical engineering into account
- selecting suitable machine elements within the design process
- performing design detail specifications
- including economic and quality-assurance aspects in their work
- performing test runs, if applicable, adapting and correcting the designs
- creating technical documentations
- creating production documents, parts lists, standard lists; updating and managing technical data
- coordinating the approach with the site departments involved, e. g. with production
- presenting work results
- Middle maturity
- Good grades in German, Maths and Science subjects
- Technical interest and skills
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts
- Motivation and commitment
Commencement and end of vocational training
- Commencement as of 1 September in each case
- Duration 3.5 years
- August to the end of October as for commencement in the following year